Recently we have had a lot of people coming in with tennis/golfer’s/pickle elbow. These are all the same name for an injury where you get pain on the outside of your elbow in the tendons. It is a very common injury, but not usually real serious. Although it is not real serious, it can be quite painful and really impact your ability to perform.
If you are experiencing tennis elbow there are three treatments that are the the most effect:
1. Scraping on the extensor tendons and tricep
2. Eccentric exercises for the extensors.
3. Release the surrounding muscles (extensors, triceps, biceps, flexors).
I will always recommend these very first to anyone. They are the simplest, but also the most effective. Of course these don’t always fix every case, so here are some other options you can try
- Ozone injections
- Myofascial release
- Imbalance training (Auki Training)
- Sports massage
- Balance the strength and flexibility between your forearm muscles.
- Improve shoulder flexibility.
- Progressively increase time spent playing your sport.
- Do active recovery regularly.
- Regularly release your arm muscles.